When should Stroke Rehabilitation begin?
The sooner you start stroke therapy, the more likely it is that you will regain lost abilities and skills.
Your doctors’ immediate priorities, however, are to:
- Make your medical situation more stable.
- Prevent life threatening situations
- Stop another stroke from happening.
- Reduce the likelihood of stroke-related complications.
Stroke rehabilitation may begin as soon as 24 to 48 hours following a stroke, while you are still in the hospital.
What does Stroke Rehabilitation involve?
Physical activity may include the following:
- Exercising your motor skills
These exercises can aid in the development of muscle strength and coordination. You could need swallowing treatment to improve your ability to swallow.
- Mobility practise
You may be taught how to use mobility aids such as a walker, canes, wheelchair, or ankle brace. The ankle brace can help stabilize and strengthen your ankle, allowing you to support your body’s weight as you retrain to walk.
- Therapy produced by constraints
While you practise moving the damaged limb to help enhance its function, an unaffected limb is constrained. This therapy is also known as forced-use therapy.
- Range-of-motion therapy
Spasticity (muscle tension) can be reduced with certain exercises and therapies. This helps in regaining range of motion.
Physical activities that are aided by technology may include:
- Electrical stimulation for functional purposes
Electrical current is passed through weaker muscles, forcing them to contract. Electrical stimulation may aid in the re-education of your muscles.
- Technology based on robots
Technology based on robots Robotic devices can help handicapped limbs do repetitive actions, which can help the limbs regain strength and function.
- Technology that operates wirelessly
An activity monitor may assist you in increasing your post-stroke activities.
- Virtual reality
Virtual reality Interacting with a virtual, real-time environment is required while using video games and other computer-based therapies.
Cognitive and emotional activities may include the following:
- Therapy for cognitive disorders.
Memory, processing, problem-solving, social skills, judgment, and safety awareness can all be improved with occupational and speech therapy.
- Therapy for Communication Disorder
Communication disorder therapy Speech therapy can assist you in regaining lost abilities in the areas of speaking, listening, writing, and comprehension.
- Psychological evaluation and treatment.
Your emotional adjustment can be tested. You might also receive counseling or engage in a support group.
Your doctor may advise you to take an antidepressant or a medicine that changes your alertness, agitation, or movement.
How long does it take to recover from a stroke?
The length of your stroke recovery is determined by the severity of your stroke and any associated problems. Some stroke patients make a full recovery. However, the majority require some type of long-term stroke therapy, which could extend months or years after their stroke.
Your stroke rehabilitation strategy will evolve as you relearn abilities and your needs change. With consistent practice, you can continue to improve over time.
What factors influence stroke rehabilitation outcomes?
Recovery from a stroke differs from person to person. It’s difficult to know how many skills you’ll regain and when. In general, successful stroke rehabilitation is dependent on the following factors:
- Physical considerations, such as the severity of your stroke in terms of both cognitive and physical consequences
- Emotional elements such as motivation and mood, as well as your capacity to maintain rehabilitative exercises outside of therapy sessions
- Social aspects, such as friends and family’s support
- Therapeutic aspects, such as a quick start to your rehabilitation and the expertise of your stroke rehabilitation team
The rate of recovery is usually fastest in the first few weeks and months following a stroke. However, there is evidence that performance can improve even 12 to 18 months after a stroke.
How can Resolve360 help?
Recovering from a stroke can be a long and frustrating experience. It’s normal to face difficulties along the way. Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home. We aim to help you in every step along the way. We are available on both the google play store and the app store. There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab. The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.The patient’s trust is our confidence!
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!