How To Know If You Have An Ankle Fracture?
- Pain- The Pain May Be Moderate To Severe, And It’s Not Always Localized At The Fracture. One May Also Experience Pain Throughout The Foot Area Or Even In Your Knee. The Pain Is Generally Too Severe To Allow Walking Without Support.
- Swelling- The Joint May Swell Because Of Excess Fluid Caused By Tissue Damage.
- Bruising- Eventually, The Area Will Probably Bruise. Again, This Isn’t Specific To The Actual Ankle Fracture. Bruising May Spread Down To The Toes Or Upwards Into The Leg.
- Deformities- The Fingers And Ankle Joint Appear Crooked. Obvious Deformities In The Area Where The Impact Is Made.
- Inability To Move- Movement Becomes Extremely Difficult. The Person Is Unable To Bear Any Weight On The Foot. However, If One Can Bear Weight On The Ankle, Don’t Assume There Is No Fracture.
- Snapping Sound- In Some Cases, A “Crack” Or “Snap” In The Ankle At The Time Of Injury.
Is It An Ankle Fracture Or Sprain?
- Was there a noise when it took place?
A sprain might be painless or cause a popping sound in extreme circumstances. A crack may be heard when a fracture is present.
- Do you have a crooked ankle?
Swelling is a symptom of both injuries, but if your ankle appears to be “wrong,” it’s most likely because a bone has been shattered.
- Are you experiencing numbness in your ankle?
You experience discomfort when you sprain your ankle. However, if you have numbness or tingling, your ankle is almost certainly shattered.
- What is the source of your discomfort?
You most likely have a fracture if your ankle hurts or is tender to the touch directly over the ankle bone. It’s more than likely a sprain if the pain is in the soft portion of your ankle.
Types Of Ankle Fractures
Ankle fractures come in a number of different forms since the ankle joint is made up of three bones. The ankle is thought to have three sides and a “roof” by doctors, and fractures can occur in any of these locations or in combination.
The roof and medial (inside) of the ankle are formed by the lower section of the tibia, while the lateral (outside) and posterior (back) of the ankle are formed by the lower portion of the fibula.
- Lateral Malleolus Fracture: The most common type of ankle fracture is a lateral malleolus fracture. It is a lateral malleolus break, which is the knobby bump on the outside of the ankle (in the lower portion of the fibula).
- Bimalleolar ankle fracture: This is the second most common type, and it involves breaks in both the lateral and medial malleolus, the knobby bump on the inside of the ankle (in the lower portion of the tibia).
- Trimalleolar ankle fractures occur when three sides of the ankle are broken: the medial malleolus, the lateral malleolus, and the distal (lower portion) of the posterior malleolus of the tibia.
- Pilon fracture (also referred to as a plafond fracture): This is a weight-bearing “roof” of the ankle fracture (the central portion of the lower tibia). This is usually a high-energy traumatic injury caused by a fall from a great height.
The risk of long-term joint damage increases as the number of fracture lines increases. Trimalleolar ankle fractures and pilon fractures have the most cartilage damage and, as a result, are more likely to develop arthritis in the future.
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!