What Is High Blood Pressure?
- High blood pressure or hypertension is a very common condition in which the blood exerts pressure on the walls of the arteries.
- Initially, there are no such defined symptoms of high blood pressure, but if it is left untreated for a long amount of time then it causes other health concerns like heart diseases, lung diseases, stroke and many more.
- It needs medical diagnosis and can be cured over time with proper treatment and medications. Early detection and prevention is the best cure.
- It is a chronic illness and can last for many years or can be lifelong.
Types Of Hypertension
- Primary (essential) hypertension: in most adults, initially there are no causes. But it gradually develops over time. This type of hypertension is called primary or essential high blood pressure.
- Secondary hypertension: hypertension caused due to underlying reasons, suddenly tends to show up. This type of hypertension is called secondary high blood pressure.
What Are The Causes And Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure?
Some of the causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Thyroid issues
- Adrenal gland tumor
- Kidney disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Congenital defects of blood vessels
- Certain medications like pregnancy medications, birth-control pills, cold medicines, decongestants and over the counter medicines.
- Intake of illegal drugs: cocaine and amphetamines.
Initially, there are chances that the symptoms might not show up, but once the person gets affected, these are some of the symptoms that are seen or experienced:
- Shortage of breath
- The person can often sense mild burning sensations in the entire body
- Inability to sleep
- Feeling warm
- Stuttering or inability to think clearly when angry
- Weight fluctuations
- Appetite loss
- Frequent swooning.
What Are The Treatment Options
- Being active and doing more physical activities
- Eating healthy and maintaining a proper weight
- Less alcohol consumption
- Quitting smoking is a better option
- At home, blood pressure monitoring
- Low sodium diet.
- ACE( Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitor
- Antihypertensive rugs
- Calcium channel blocker
(note: all the medicines should be taken on the prescription of the doctor).
Some risk factors related to hypertension are:
- Age: hypertension tends to increase and get worse with age. Curing the problems related to hypertension is way easier in young people rather than in old people because the complications increase with time.
- African heritage: high blood pressure is most common in African heritage which leads to more heart failures and strokes.
- Family history: hypertension can be inherited or can occur due to family history.
- Overweight and people with obesity: overweight and people with obesity are more likely to get hypertension. As the cholesterol depositions block the blood vessels which further creates pressure on the walls of the arteries or blood vessels.
- Too much sodium and less potassium in the diet.
- Less activity and physical exercises: physical exercises help to keep a good blood flow which helps in maintaining a proper shape and running of the blood vessel.
- Consuming too much tobacco and alcohol consumption.
- Stress factors due to lifestyle problems.
- Chronic illnesses like heart failures, heart attacks and strokes.
What Can Be Done At Home: Prevention And Care
Early prevention can lead to a faster cure and better health. Some of the home remedies that can be useful are:
- Doing regular exercises
- Avoiding heavy consumption of alcohol and avoiding smoking.
- Making a healthy lifestyle with healthy and nutritious diets.
- Drinking plenty of water
- Taking enough rest to feel refreshed.
- It is hard to avoid anxiety and stress, but it will be better if the person can divert their mind doing other activities they like, in stressful conditions.
- Early treatment is a better way to have a healthy future. Early doctor consults should be done
- Taking proper medications prescribed by the doctor. (note: it is advisable to contact a doctor before trying out the medications)
- Keeping a good mental health
- Going out for walks, doing yoga or meditation can help calm the mind.
- Trying to attain a healthy weight
- Limiting excess carbohydrate consumption. (note: completely cutting off carbs from the diet won’t be beneficial)
- Staying active is the key
- During pregnancy, the patient should be regularly in contact with their doctor to avoid any chances of prematurity or miscarriages.
- Having high blood pressure may sometimes take a toll on mental as well as physical health. Taking proper medicines and transforming the lifestyle will surely make things better.
- Showing support to the person will be a great help to them.
- Family members and loved ones should always step forward to know their needs and support them in the journey.
- If they feel any sign of depression the person should share their feelings with the ones they trust. Counselling is always a better option.
Complications Due To Hypertension
COMPLICATIONS DUE TO HYPERTENSION CAN BE:
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Weak and narrow blood vessels around the heart and in the kidney
- Thick, narrow or torn blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic dysfunctions.
- The trouble with memory and understanding
- Extra sweating when working out or in normal conditions.
Recovering from high blood pressure or hypertension is a gradual process. Proper intake of medicines along with lifestyle changes can bring the conditions back to normal.
The timeline of recovery is different for different people. The timeline depends on factors like lifestyle, amount of daily activities done, extent of the diseases, changes incorporated, medicines and treatment.
Patience and activeness is the key to curing health concerns related to hypertension or high blood pressure.
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!