Treatment at Home
The key player in treatment of any disease is the affected individual. It is important for individuals to engage in the treatment to improve its efficacy. Under the guidance of professionals, a wide range of therapies can be applied by the individual at the comfort of their home.
Alongside treatment, rehabilitation and lifestyle changes are indispensable to battle a disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis and limit the damage to body as well as life. Small steps taken at home itself can work wonders in the treatment of this disease and improve the quality of life of an affected individual.
- Decreased intake of oily foods, food with high salt content, sugar, butter etc. They are implicated in worsening of inflammation in the joints.
- Increased intake of foods rich in minerals and vitamins which promote healing and repair of the body tissues.
- Supplements of Cod liver oil, Omega-3 help reduce the inflammation of the joints as well.
- Inarguably the most important thing to keep in mind while undergoing treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis is to ensure adequate rest.
- Relaxing the joints and making a conscious effort to not exert the limbs helps prevent further damage to the body.
Hot and Cold Therapy
- Hot therapy: Application of heat on the affected joints for 10 minutes twice a day can help relieve pain and regain the agility in the movements.
- Cold Therapy: Application of ice packs help reduce the swelling and the redness around the joints, preventing any further damage to the joints.
Physical Therapy and Exercise
The course of Rheumatoid Arthritis has two broad phases- an active phase (also called ‘flare up’) with all the symptoms and an inactive phase where for some while, there is a regression in the symptoms. It is important to customize and personalize therapy according to these phases to prevent worsening of the disease progression.
- Stretching: Stretch all the joints gently and move them in the entire range of motion. For example, wiggle your fingers, rotate your wrist, flex your elbow and rotate your shoulders. Repeat this cycle for the other limb. This helps in preventing stiffness and works on the mobility of the joints.
- Massage: Massage the affected joints daily. This helps in stimulating the tissues and increases blood flow.
- Strengthening exercises: This disease severely affects the strength of the muscles and compromises the quality of life. Strengthening exercised help restore the agility and build up power in your tissues. For example- Squeeze a foam ball to strength the joints of the hand, make figure 8s in the air with wrist rotations etc.
- Aerobic Exercises: These exercises require active participation and can include brisk walks around the neighbourhood, cycling, swimming etc.
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!