Treating The Chemo Brain
According to the American Cancer Society, patients with cancer have been frustrated for years by the mental fogginess they occasionally experience before, during, and after cancer treatment. Despite the fact that the specific origin is unknown and that it can occur at any moment while you have cancer, this mental fog is usually referred to as chemo brain.
The sometimes hazy but disturbing mental alterations observed by cancer patients are genuine, not imagined. They could last over a short period of time or for many years. These changes may prevent people from returning to school, job, or social activities, or may make it difficult for them to do so. Chemo brain has an impact on many cancer patients’ daily lives. Speech therapy involves treating the chemo brain.
Rehabilitation After Laryngectomy
Laryngectomy is a procedure that replaces the voice box. It causes severe anatomical changes and frequently complicates rehabilitation. There are currently a variety of voice therapists accessible to provide correct care and support. If the patient’s visual, cognitive, and exceptional motor abilities are intact, independence should be encouraged by teaching them to know their voice therapist. ‘Hands-free’ outer valves must be approachable for patients to try if suitable. Although surgical voice restoration treatments predominate, it is critical to consider esophageal speech and electrolarynx. Electrolarynges produce sound by using an external vibratory supply and are placed in the mouth, near the neck, or on the cheek. Both of these approaches have a place in the recovery process.
What Can Be Done At Home?
Most of the time, home remedies are effective in combatting various issues. It would be preferable if you were not entirely reliant on home methods. Clinical guidance such as Resolve360 helps a lot in the process of recovery.
Home remediesdo, however, give you the ability to combat language and speech abnormalities. The issues linked with most malignancies tend to worsen with treatment. You can improve the situation by doing the following:
- Make use of wordplay, such as rhymes, to help you remember information.
- Rest as much as you need to.
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your brain alert. Try walking, swimming, or gardening, for example. Yoga or meditation can also help you to relax and cleanse your mind.
- Perform brain workouts by engaging in tasks that impair brain movement. These can include puzzles and word games.
- Painting, playing an instrument, or learning a new hobby are all examples of leisure activities which can be done.
- Carry a tiny pad of paper and a pen or pencil with you to jot down notes and reminders. Alternatively, you can use your smartphone or tablet to download a note-taking app.
- Use a calendar or a daily organizer to keep track of impending appointments, events, and significant dates.
- Stick sticky notes around the house and at work to remind you of upcoming responsibilities. You can also make reminders to utilize your smartphone or electronic mail calendar.
- Most specialists have had great success with speech rehabilitation outcomes with patients ranging from those who only had radiation to surgical patients who have undergone invasive operations.
- Furthermore, workout programmes to the head and neck alone, prior to and during radiotherapy, have been verified to reduce feeding tube reliance by up to 30% in some situations.
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients.
At Resolve360, Cancer prehabilitation aims to avoid or decrease the severity of predicted treatment-related issues that could lead to incapacity later in life. Cancer prehabilitation presents a wide range of possible benefits. Cancer prehabilitation can reduce suffering, broaden treatment options, avoid hospital readmissions, and lower both direct and indirect healthcare expenditures associated with cancer therapy, in addition to improving physical and psychological health outcomes for oncology patients.There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
Cancer Rehabilitation At Home
- Use of wordplay
- Rest as
- Yoga or meditation
- Brain workouts
- Puzzles and word games.
- Leisure activities
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!