What is the purpose of speech therapy?
Speech therapy can help with a variety of speech and language issues.
- Disorders of articulation: The inability to appropriately produce specific word sounds is referred to as an articulation disorder. This speech problem causes a child to drop, switch, distort, or add word sounds. Saying “thith” instead of “this” is an example of a word distort.
- Fluency issue:. The flow, pace, and rhythm of speaking are all affected by a fluency issue. Fluency issues include stuttering and cluttering. A person who stutters has difficulty making a sound and may have speech that is blocked or interrupted, or may repeat part of a word. A person who suffers from cluttering frequently speaks quickly and merges words
- Disorders of resonance: A resonance issue arises when there is a blockage or obstruction of regular airflow in the nasal or oral canals, which changes the vibrations that are responsible for voice quality. It may also occur if the velopharyngeal valve fails to seal properly. Cleft palate, neurological abnormalities, and enlarged tonsils are all common symptoms of resonance disorders.
- Receptive defects: A person suffering from receptive language impairment has difficulty understanding and interpreting what others say. This can make you appear inattentive when others are speaking, have difficulty following orders, or have a restricted vocabulary. A receptive language disorder can be caused by another language disorder, autism, hearing loss, or a brain injury.
- Disorders of expression: The inability to convey or express information is referred to as expressive language dysfunction. If you have an expressive issue, you may struggle to compose correct phrases, such as utilizing the wrong verb tense. It’s linked to developmental issues like Down syndrome and hearing loss. It can also be caused by a head injury or a medical condition.
- Disorders of cognitive-communication: Cognitive-communication problem refers to communication difficulties caused by an impairment to the portion of the brain that regulates your ability to think. It can cause memory problems, trouble solving problems, and difficulties communicating or listening. It can be brought on by biological issues such as improper brain development, certain neurological diseases, a brain injury, or a stroke.
- Aphasia: This is an acquired communication problem that impairs a person’s capacity to communicate with and understand others. It also frequently impairs a person’s ability to read and write. A stroke is the most common cause of aphasia, however it can also be caused by other brain problems.
- Dysarthria: Slow or slurred speech is a symptom of this illness, which is caused by a weakness or inability to control the muscles required for speaking. Multiple sclerosis (MS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and stroke are the most common causes, as are nervous system illnesses and ailments that cause facial paralysis or throat and tongue weakness.
What takes place during speech therapy?
Speech therapy typically begins with an evaluation by a professional, who will determine the type of communication impairment and the best strategy to treat it.
Children’s speech therapy
The exercises and activities used in speech therapy differ depending on your child’s disease, age, and demands. During children’s speech therapy, the SLP may:
- Interact by talking and playing, as well as using books, images, and other items as part of a language intervention approach to help boost language development.
- Correct sounds and syllables for a youngster at a young age because which is suitable to educate the child on how to create different noises.
- Give methods and homework on how to practise speech therapy at home for the child and parent or caregiver.
Adults’ speech therapy
Adult speech therapy begins with an examination to evaluate your needs and the appropriate treatment. Adult speech therapy activities can aid with speech, language, and cognitive communication.
If an accident or medical condition, such as Parkinson’s disease or oral cancer, has produced swallowing difficulties, therapy may also include swallowing function retraining.
Exercising may include:
- Problem solving, remembering, and organizing, as well as other activities aimed at increasing cognitive communication, are all examples of cognitive communication tasks.
- Conversational strategies for better social communication.
- Breathing exercises for resonance activities for oral muscle strength.
Speech Therapy at Resolve360
Speech therapy can treat a broad range of speech and language delays and disorders in children and adults. With early intervention, speech therapy can improve communication and boost self-confidence. Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home. We aim to help you in every step along the way. If a patient wants to practice speech therapy exercises at home, there are several tools accessible such as language development games that are available in the treatment through the application.
The above-mentioned remedies and medicines; are over the counter medicines (most of them) and are effective in most cases. It is advisable to contact the doctor before taking any medications.
Why Should Someone Choose Resolve360?
Resolve360 is an online rehabilitation platform for post-surgery clinical assessments, that provides solutions to post-surgery care and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. There are several programs on how to take care after undergoing surgery, what precautions and care one should take. There is free access to knowledge and consultation. For further details, don’t forget to contact us! We will take extreme pride in serving you! HAPPY RECOVERY!
For further detailed knowledge kindly go through the following points.
- Resolve360 is a promising online platform, where one can receive treatment at the comfort of their own home.
- We are available on both the google play store and the app store.
- There’s Tiana, our chat buddy to guide you 24/7 through all your doubts, progress and feedback.
- Our team specializes in providing the following services:
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychological counselling
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy wellness
- Covid rehabilitation facilities
- The patients don’t need to worry about traveling long distances to receive their post-surgery treatment or rehab.
- The patients can save up the time and can utilize that time to take care of themselves.
- For a smooth, at-home experience the patients are offered the following facilities:
- Live sessions,
- video conferencing and
- video prescriptions
- Building trust is really important. So, we always try our best to provide the maximum support to the patients to make them feel comfortable.
- We always schedule the timings of the meetings based on the patient’s preference. Rescheduling can also be done if there are any problems.
- When a patient comes to our doctor it becomes the responsibility of our doctor to give them a healthy life.
- We guarantee that doctors will never leave their patients.
- The patients can openly talk about their problems and we assure that the information will be between the patients and the doctors only.
- Our doctors plan every step necessary for their patients, starting from planning out exercises to drafting their diet charts.
- The doctors on the platform are extremely reliable and are certified professionals with experience.
- It is a platform that provides solutions to every problem, starting with home remedies to prescribed medications.
- The patient’s trust is our confidence!